Here’s my April 2015 thank you note made using the Mum’s Love stamp set…
The flower image was coloured in using an emboss resist technique. It’s based on the Embossed Reinker Spread technique, which you normally use with an outline image and you cut around the outer most lines. The technique is also normally used with glossy or shimmery cardstock.
Here are the steps to how I coloured in the image:
- Stamp the image with Versamark ink & heat emboss with clear embossing powder
- Moisten the image with an Aqua Painter and make sure to cover the area on the outside of the images outlines
- Using the reinker colour of your choice, pick it up using the Aqua Painter and touch the wet area of the image & watch the colour spread around. Repeat with all your chosen colours
- To create shaded areas, you can dab away a bit of the water & add more colour to it
- When the image is dry, you can add a watercolour wash background. Wipe away any excess ink over the embossed image and watch you image pop!
Here’s a close up look at my image…
I also coloured my White Cotton Ribbon with some of my Wisteria Wonder reinker. Add a few drops of reinker colour of your choice onto your Silicone Craft Sheet, spritz it with water then add your scrunched up ribbon to it. Remember, the more reinker you add, the darker the colour will be on the ribbon. This is a great way to get a coordinated look when you don’t have the right coloured ribbon 🙂
I hope you enjoyed my project & the quick tutorial for the techniques involved. I would love to see your projects using this technique, so do leave me a comment & send me pictures of your creations.
Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time, happy stamping! 🙂